BOUNDARY WOMEN’S TRANSITION HOUSE
Position: Casual/On Call Support Worker $18.00/hr.
The Boundary Women’s Coalition is a non-profit organization providing services throughout the Boundary area to women and children affected by violence and abuse. The Boundary Women’s Transition House is seeking applications for the position of Transition House Casual/On Call Support Worker.
Support Workers provide a range of supportive services, security, advocacy, information, education, crisis intervention and referrals to clients, and crisis line callers. This position involves shift work, including weekends and statutory holidays.
- Assess resident needs and provide appropriate assistance and support
- Handle crisis calls as well as in-house crises
- Maintain confidentiality of client information
- Maintain safety of environment
- Housekeeping duties include cleaning and grocery shopping
- Experience in providing support to women and children
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to handle crisis situations
- A strong understanding of the issues of violence against women and a feminist analysis
- The ability to demonstrate assertiveness along with both professional and personal boundaries
- Efficient time, organizational and stress-management skills.
- Ability to work as a team and independently
- Proficient computer skills
- Degree in related field or a combination of education, relevant experience and training in the domestic violence field
- Knowledge of community resources and harm reduction model an asset
- Ability to pass a criminal record check
- Must have valid driver’s license and well maintained vehicle to transport clients
Send your resume and letter of interest indicating how you meet the qualifications to: email@example.com.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted